Mauritan Vini is blend of tannins which early in fermentation inactivates oxidative enzymes, precipitates grape proteins and preserves endogenous tannins. When added later during fermentation this tannin promotes polymerization and stabilization through the formation of ethanol bridges.
Mauritan Vini can be used for the following wine applications:
• Enhances the tannin structure and volume in mouthfeel.
• Removes herbaceous and reduced aromas in red wines, thus highlighting fresh notes which are typical of young red wines.
• Increases a wine’s resistance against oxidation.
• Inhibits oxidative enzymes such as laccase and tyrosinase.
• Creates tannin-anthocyanin binding for the stabilization of color in musts and red wines.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Prepare a 20-30% solution dissolving the tannin into warm water between 104 and 122°F (40-50°C) with vigorous stirring. Let the solution cool at room temperature. Subsequently add the tannin solution whilst stirring. For handling purposes, we suggest the use of the following materials: stainless steel, plastic, glass or ceramic.
Note: If using enzymes, give them the opportunity to work on the skins for 6-8 hours prior to adding any tannins to the must.