SAPP-40 is a fast acting leavening phosphate typically used in bakery applications such as cake doughnuts mixes, cake mixes, breadings, and batters.
• Buffering Agent
• Leavening Agent
• Shelf-life ~12 months
• SAPP-40 is a fast acting leavening phosphate typically used in bakery applications such as cake doughnuts mixes, cake mixes, breadings, and batters.
• Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) as a multiple purpose food substance according to the regulations in 21 CFR 182.1087 when used in accordance with good manufacturing practice.
• Allowed in certain meat and poultry applications with specified maximum use levels, according to the Federal Meat Inspection Act and the Poultry Products Inspection Act (9 CFR 424.21), including the following applications:
• Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) in animal foods when used in accordance with good manufacturing or feeding practices under regulations in 21 CFR 582.1087.
• Allowed for use in organic foods as an leavening agent according to U.S. Regulations 7 CFR 205.605 “National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances”.
• Potable Water Treatment: ICL Performance Products LP sodium acid pyrophosphate conforms to the requirements of ANSI / NSF Standard 60. Used for corrosion & scale control and sequestering. Maximum Use Level = 12 mg/L.